Fundraising Workshop by Amalvajra
The fundraising workshop has been organised by the Karuna for the project partner in India. Around 38 participants were there from 16 different organisations from 2-3rd Feb 2017.
The major things dealt in the workshop are as follows:-
- Introduction of the respective organizations.
- Funding report and targeted budget of the organisation. How much has been raised and achieved, source of the income and targeted audience of the project (% of the budget).
- Breakthrough of the project (individual participants express their experience of the project). Each of them took around 15 min to express themselves.
- Importance of case studies, success story is very important from project point of view, budget monitoring, every 15 day follow-up of the project budget and going according to our pbf, receipt and voucher, in coordination with accountant.
- Follow-up with donors, update of website, sending greeting cards & e-greetings , make a call and
STRATEGIES OF FUNDRAISING:-
- Show them , don’t tell them
- Proper presentation
- Factual display
- Positive mental attitude
- Best donors already have to do follow-up
- Emergency is the need
- Cash flow
- Engaging donors, as contributing other than money
- HOW MY PROBLEM WILL BECOME HIS/HER PROBLEM TO GET THE BETTER SOLUTION.
- Diagram of circle i.e. how to get outer person in the circle of our problem.
LEARNING OF FUNDRAISING:-
- ALTRUISTIC DESIRE
- SITE VISITS.
- Establishing government agencies.
- Develop projects which suits according to companies CSR activities.
- Regularly check the proposal dates on their websites.
- Discuss with the organisations trust body about the CSR or any other funding agencies before approaching to them
- Audit properly and regularly of the budget of organisation
- Funding agencies like; Tech Mahindra foundation, Nirman, Karuna Germany, smile foundation Delhi, Pratham Infotech, TCS.
- International agencies like; Bodhi Trust, Global living, Future Dhamma work, crowd funding etc.
- Door to door(D-t-D) campaign is the best strategies;
- Why; Importance of spiritual practice and Strategies.
- In the D-t-D concept – Trust development, face to face interaction
- In the spiritual Practice – challenge, how to behave man to man is real dhamma, how to develop metta bhavna, Ego clinging.
- Do something for others is spiritual practice
- Fundraising is more than fundraising.
- Every human being has potential to connect others.
- In Method/strategies :- how to sensitise about self and others regarding the issues
- Just to do it and two step fundraising
- Collect the location, define the target group or areas and do necessary survey
- For eg six week fundraising campaign through the concept of community development (Explain the importance of community fundraising concept, i.e. also to develop the spiritual aspects.
- IN THE SIX WEEK, one week or two week first decides what to do and what not to do.
- Engagement in the program
- Every two week trainin programme what to say and what not to say
- Be natural, authentic, no script, role play, feedback session.
- Community development program growing our spiritual practice
- Importance of GRATITUDE.
- Define why you came for fundraising, what stops you for fundraising activities etc
- D-t-D the strategies would be like for regular monthly donation or banking services of ECS.
- Engagement with the donors
- Maintain website , social media etc
- Should have consistence with the donors ie. Regular follow-up.
- How to approach- there must be some reason.
Things for Well Wishers:-
- Timely send the report on time
- Success story or progress report according to the CSR/Donors expectation.
- Show the activities in regular forms
- Invite donors in our major programming’s
- Write success story or case studies and inform to donors in regular basis.
- Do some innovative programming to attract the funding agencies which is neutral and never done before; for eg Climate change etc.
Imp of success Story:-
- Contrast (light & Dark)
- Bring in your own feelings
- GPS (WHO & WHERE)
- Collision of two ideas (poverty vs. Cambridge) to get attention.
- Threshold movement
- Gleaming details
- Everybody wants to contribute in other way, tap the outer world opportunities.
- Do collect t different stories of the project; say for e.g. collect 5 stories in months.
Ask boldly while asking donors of big amount.
- Letter, email, sponsorship etc
- Alumni function
- Pledge option in letter while in get to gather program.
- LMC( LOCAL MANAGMENT COMMITTE)