Report on: Edification of Self SeriesPurpose: Spreading awareness about the Ambedkarite Buddhism and the role of Ambedkarite Buddhist
Lead by: Professor S. R. Bodhi
Organised by: NNBY Mumbai Team
Start date: 17 Feb 2019 : End date: 22 Apr 2019
Event Venue: Gautam Mitra Mandal, Siddharth Nagar, Thane (E)
Participants Type: Open for All
Male: 20 || Female: 10
Event Image Gallery: Click Here!
Role of Ambedkarite Buddhist in Deepening the Dhamma.
The purpose of this event was to spread awareness about the Ambedkarite Buddhism and the role of Ambedkarite Buddhist in our society. The Ambedkarite Buddhism is somewhere very much different from a well known and Buddhism accepted in other countries like China, Japan, Tibet, etc. The Buddhism adopted by Babasaheb was to empower the neglected and unidentified community in India in 1956. Hence, it is important for us to understand his vision about Buddhism and Dhamma.
- Prof Bodhi Sir highlighted some bullet points which defines the Ambedkarite Dhamma and Buddhist education.
- Components of Education Ambedkarite Buddhist Education is evolved from struggle, experience.
- Power is politics and politics is power.
- Ambedkarite should have knowledge about politics.
- Difference between reaction, response and reflection.
- He explained about Bramhinical education system and it’s components and difference between Bramhinical education system and Ambedkarite Buddhist Education system.
Group discussion was conducted after every topic. Participants reflected on many important topics. It was healthy, conceptualized and fruitful reflection of discussion.
The workshop held so successfully. There were around 30 young participants from various region of Mumbai suburbs. We had a healthy conversation with Bodhi sir and it was a really reflective transfer of knowledge. The feedback came from participants and Bodhi sir was so much encouraging for us and filled with very much positivity.