Dr.B.R. Ambedkar 126 Birth Anniversary Program celebrated by NNBY Tirora `group.
Date: 14th April 2017
Venue: Mahapradnya Buddha Vihar, Tirora.
Activities: Puja, Speeches, Bike Rally, Rangoli Competition, Drawing Competition
Purpose: To inspire and motivate the people through the program and make aware towards work of Babasaheb Ambedkar and his mission.
Participant: 30 – (Girls : 13 Boys- 17) plus local peoples.
The day started at 8am by taking Puja in the Mahapradnya Buddha Vihar. After that we requested the local residence of the area to join us in the Bike rally. We took the bike rally covering every main street of Tirora waving the Panchsheel flag and Blue flag. We visited all the areas where people were celebrating Babasaheb Jayanti. We meet them and requested them to join us in the evening for the Bike rally.
After that we all came back to the Mahapradnya Buddha Vihar. Then NNBY activists gave speeches on Babasaheb Ambedkar. After that we served Kheer(a sweet dish) to all the participants.
In the afternoon session we took rangoli and drawing competition. Local youth took participation in the competition. Prizes were distributed to the winners.
In the evening, we all gathered again in white dress. We made an inspiring Zaki (Chariot procession) of Babasaheb Ambedkar for the rally. We told all the participants of the rally about the importance and meaning of Zaki.
What We Achieved (Outcome):-
- People gathered together from various areas and kept their views regarding Babasaheb Ambedkar.
- In the bike rally, people watched us celebrating Babasaheb’s birth anniversary.
- In the competition, the participants from different areas displayed their talent and potential. They realized the importance of coming together and participate in many activities.
- In evening rally by our Zaki, We spread out the message of Babasaheb Ambedkar to the society.
- All the people appreciated our team activities and the requested us to take more such kind of activities.
REPORT BY LEENA CHAVHAN